One of the areas which were always important for Smart Blade is small wind energy.
We have designed several blades for small wind turbines and even designed and build a 50kW, direct driven, speed variable stall turbine for private domestic use. The prototype of this turbine was installed in 2015 in Germany and the design is sold as a license to a european customer, who will start series production in 2016.
|Rated Power||50 kW|
|Rotor Diameter||15.96 m|
|Hub Height||20 / 30 / 36 m|
|Rotor Speed Range||0...58 rpm|
|Cut-in Wind Speed||3 m/s|
|Rated Wind Speed||12 m/s|
|Cut- out Wind Speed||25 m/s|
|50- year Gust||59.5 m/s|
|Wind Class||IEC IIa|
|Temperature Range (Operation)||-10…+40°C (other on request)|
|Rated Voltage||3x400 VAC|
|Power Factor||0,9 -1, capacitive and inductive, remotely adjustable|
|Rated Frequency||50 /60 Hz|
- Direct drive without gearbox
- Speed variable for optimum output and low noise
- no gearbox, no hydraulics
- maintenance friendly with easy access to all components
- prepared for stand- alone solutions
- Optional including controls with diesel generators and PV- systems
Besides that, our engineers also design custom solutions, like wind tunnel test turbines, with unique and very special requirements.